Saturday, March 26, 2022

Al Boudali Ahmed - New Mountain Variety

New Jeblia Selections is probably a better translation, but New Mountain Variety (which Google gave me as a translation of  منوعات جبلية جديدة) sounds like something you'd find in the Stash.

And a nice variety it is, too, provided by the artist Al Boudali Ahmed, about whom I can find absolutely no trace on the interwebs. Side A is a nice long track of taktouka jabalia, and side B contains two tracks of Jbala-flavored chaâbi. Here's a pinch:

I picked up this tape during my visit to Tangier in 2001. Find additional varieties from Northern Morocco in my 2013-14 posts here and here.

Al Boudali Ahmad الفنان البودالي احمد
Visa Disque cassette 10 ڤيزا ديسك

A1 Taktouka Jbalia
A2 Bonus Derdeg
B1 Moulay Bouchta
B2 Jibouli Ezzine Nchoufou

320 | FLAC

No comments:

Post a Comment